Seventh Street Development is a privately held real estate development company. We combine a unique mix of institutional financial strength and discipline coupled with implementation by hands-on, experienced entrepreneurs. Its principal, Craig Furniss, has over 35 years of broad development experience and is personally engaged in each project. Our financial partners are among the most respected institutions in the business. We pride ourselves on our reputation for personal integrity, fast action, and creative and flexible transaction structures.
Named after the historic Seventh Street Produce Market in Downtown Los Angeles, where the two founding principals first met, Seventh Street Development has a well defined and focused business strategy.
- Development focus: Industrial, office, retail or mixed-use commercial in Southern California
- Prefer outright land or building purchases, but will consider fee development opportunities and build-to-suits
- Institutional financial strength implemented by local, hands-on entrepreneurs
- Team has more than 45 years of collective development experience
- Vast experience and relationships working with City Governments
- Experience working on contaminated sites
- Strong equity relationships
- Principals are personally engaged in every project
- Developers of the Huy Fong Foods & Speedway Projects in Irwindale
- Mature markets within Southern California, especially infill sites with supply constraints
- Ground-up development, rehabilitation of existing buildings or existing buildings with excess land
- Job creation potential and middle- to low-income areas are desirable
- Flexible on size
- Will take/solve entitlement and environmental risks